Opioid Treatment Programs
Here is the updated information for Opioid Treatment Programs for your patients during COVID-19:
In updated guidance, CMS notes that periodic assessments can be furnished during the PHE via two-way interactive audio-video communication technology; in addition, in cases where beneficiaries do not have access to two way audio-video communications technology, the periodic assessments may be furnished using audio-only telephone calls rather than via two-way interactive audio-video communication technology, provided all other applicable requirements are met.
For more information:
Note that the new Interim Final Rule provides the following is a list of resources posted on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) website:
• Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) Guidance (March 16, 2020) available at
• OTP Guidance for Patients Quarantined at Home with the Coronavirus available at https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/otp-covid-implementation-guidance.pdf.
• FAQs: Provision of Methadone and Buprenorphine for the Treatment of Opioid Use
Disorder in the COVID-19 Emergency available at
• COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response and 42 CFR Part 2 Guidance
• Considerations for the Care and Treatment of Mental and Substance Use Disorders in the COVID-19 Epidemic: March 20, 2020 available at